As one of the east coasts fastest growing Law Firm Marketing companies in the country, we are looking to add to our growing production team. We pride ourselves on NOT outsourcing our production to foreign countries, we’re looking for your expert skills in the Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads area. If you are looking for flexible work hours on a contract basis, this position may be for you.
The web designer will have overall responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in web site design and development, including creation of custom graphics. The position is responsible for designing the user interface and overall customer experience for our websites and applications using WordPress, Drupal, HTML5 and more. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements including custom CSS.
Essential Job Functions:
Writing and editing content
Designing webpage layout using customized themes and stylesheets
Determining technical requirements
Updating websites and plugins
Creating back up files
Solving code problems
1. High Level Technical Capacity including understanding of HTML5, WordPress, Drupal and other CMS and code
2. Exceptional Time Management
3. Thoroughness in design and execution
4. Able to collaborate with others, including internal and external clients
5. Exceptional Organizational Skills both online and offline
6. Communication Proficiency in email, phone, MS365 products, Skype and JoinMe
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a work from home position until Nov 1, where you may be required to come into our new office located in Virginia Beach.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work hours are flexible to your lifestyle.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 1. Four to five years of experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design.
- 2. B.A. or B.S. in graphic design, art or related field or equivalent academic and work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1. Relevant software application certifications or advanced training.
Precision Legal Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Preferred candidate is located in the Hampton Roads area, however will accept resumes from surrounding areas/states as well.
Send resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org